Travel Information for your Waterfowl Hunt with Prairie Rose Outfitters

Note: Prairie Rose Outfitters operates two hunting camps. Please make certain you are looking up directions to the correct camp. Our main camp is located near the Quill Lakes, just north of Dafoe. This location is approximately 100 miles East of Saskatoon along highway #16. Our second camp, Champetre County Outpost Camp, located approximately 20 miles East of Saskatoon on highway #5. See below for directions to both camps.

Travel Arrangements:

Travel to our locations is through Saskatoon or Regina connecting from most major airlines. You will need to arrange a rental vehicle for the duration of your stay. A 4WD truck or van is recommended.

Prior to leaving, please confirm your travel arrangements and time of arrival.

DIRECTIONS: Saskatoon to Prairie Rose Outfitters - Dafoe (Quill Lakes Location)

From Saskatoon, take Hwy 16 towards Yorkton. From Saskatoon go 150K (100miles), you will come to a junction with Hwy 6.  Go North on Hwy 6 about 1.6K (1 mile).  Prairie Rose will be on the west (left) side of the highway.  It is a long driveway with a large light blue farm house.

Click here for a driving map from Saskatoon to Prairie Rose Outfitters.

Click here for a driving map from Regina to Prairie Rose Outfitters.

Saskatoon Airport to Prairie Rose Outfitters - Champetre County Outpost

View Larger Map

Regulations for transporting your ducks and geese to the US and Transporting firearms into Canada.

Please ensure you are up to date on the current regulations required by your Country in the transportation of bird game.

Transporting your ducks and geese to the US

We are obligated to adhere to the following guidelines regarding bird game transport as per the US Fish & Wildlife Service (as of September 19, 2000):

  1. All sport taken migratory birds imported into the US via Canada must have 1 fully feathered wing attached to the carcass (Head and Feet do not count)
  2. All imports into the US of sport taken migratory birds may only be imported by the person who hunted them. A hunter cannot give the birds to another person to take into the US on their behalf.
  3. Any mounted/taxidermized birds, geese, or cranes can only be imported in the US when accompanied by a US migratory bird import/export permit. This may have to be applied for in advance.
  4. No other types or forms of migratory birds will be allowed into the US, no sausage or processed meat.
  5. All illegal birds and/or meat will be seized and charges will be laid.

Transporting your firearms into Canada:
As of January 1, 2001, the procedures for bringing firearms into Canada, or for borrowing firearms while in Canada, changed as a result of mandatory license requirements of all firearms owners and users in Canada.

For the purposes of Canadian law, the three classes of firearms are:

  1. Non-restricted (most ordinary rifles and shotguns)
  2. Restricted (mainly handguns)
  3. Prohibited (full automatics, converted automatics, handguns with a barrel length of 105mm (approximately 4") or less, and .25 or .32 caliber handguns among others)

You may not bring a prohibited firearm or replica firearm into Canada.

To bring a non-restricted firearm into Canada:

  1. You must be at least 18 years old (see number below to call for options for minors who use firearms)
  2. You must declare your firearms at your first point of entry

Declaring your Firearms:
The Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) is responsible for all Customs procedures. Here are the basics if you are bring firearms into Canada:

  1. In most cases, you will have to declare your firearms in writing, using a Non-Resident Firearm Deceleration (form JUS 909 EF).
  2. A Customs Officer must confirm your declaration. The confirmed declaration will serve as a temporary license and registration certificate for up to 60 days.
  3. Please fill out the declaration form before you arrive to save time at the point of entry. However, note that the form MUST be signed in front of the Customs Officer at the point of entry.
  4. A Non-Resident Firearm Declaration will cost $50.00 CDN. It can be renewed any number of times within a 12 month period at no extra cost.

You can obtain forms and additional information on the legal requirements under the Firearms act by calling 1-800-731-4000 (If you live in the US) or
1-506-624-5380 (if you live in another country). You may also click on the following links for more information.

firearms information

Prairie Rose Outfitting Inc. - Craig Rath
207 Lucyk Rise ~ Saskatoon, SK, Canada, S7W 0E8
Phone: 306-227-2822 Fax: 306-683-6427
Email: craig@prairieroseoutfitters.com

Duck & Goose Hunts  | Waterfowl Hunting Area | Hunt Terms | Dates & Costs | Open Hunting Dates | Testimonials
Shooting Gallery |  Info Request | Travel Information | Hunting Video | Home

Duck,  Goose and Sandhill Crane Hunts in Saskatchewan, Canada with Prairie Rose Outfitters Waterfowl Hunting Guides. Saskatchewan bird hunting in the Quill Lakes region of Saskatchewan Canada. We specialize in Snow goose hunting along with greater and lesser Canada geese, and white-fronted geese (specklebellies). Also available waterfowl hunts for mallard, pintail, gadwall, and teal ducks (and more), upland game birds such as Sharp-Tail Grouse (Prairie Chicken) and Hungarian Partridge.
Copyright © 2010 Prairie Rose Outfitting. All rights reserved.
Website designed by PrairieOutdoors.com || Google